So I’ve hit 300 followers which means it’s time for a giveaway!
First Prize: An inflatable Staff of Parlathan (of which I have two, so you’re getting the one still in the package), a Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin lithograph signed by lead writer David Gaider and Felicia Day, a Dragon Age: The Silent Grove card signed by the creative team of Dragon Age including David Gaider and Mike Laidlaw, and a print of your choice signed by me.
Second Prize: A Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin lithograph signed by lead writer David Gaider and Felicia Day, a Dragon Age: The Silent Grove card, and a print of your choice signed by me.
Third Prize: A Dragon Age: The Silent Grove card, and a print of your choice signed by me.
1. To enter, you must fill out this form with your tumblr name and email address. You can choose to reblog it for an extra entry into the giveaway, in which I will need you to provide the reblog link.
2. You do not need to be following me, but it is greatly appreciated.
3. You can only enter once. If you want the extra entry, reblog first, and then fill out the entry form.
4. If you win, you will be contacted by email. You must be willing to give me your address so I can send you your prize. You must respond within 48 hours or I will draw a new winner.
5. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on March 17th!
1. My prints are limited! If you are second or third, it is possible that you may not have a pick of all the prints shown.
2. Your email will only be seen by me, and will only be used to contact you in the event that you are the winner. After the giveaway, I will be deleting the document so it cannot be used again. Your privacy is important to me!
3. Do not fret if you’re not a Dragon Age fan! I will be holding more giveaways in the future, including one for Adventure Time, and Sailor Moon. Stay tuned!
(Also a huge thank you to featheredlizard who, of course, is master of my logo and made the banner for me.)
I’ve been meaning to post something about The Big Bang Theory for a while now but it’s taken me ‘till now to really understand what it is about the show that makes me uncomfortable. I’m not exactly a believer in the whole “only write about the things you like, don’t trash the things you don’t” trend which seems to be plaguing comments sections in negative articles lately, but I wanted to be able to really examine why I don’t like TBBT rather than just slagging it off. My main questions being - Why don’t I like this anymore? Why do I feel uncomfortable watching it? And why do I get so annoyed when I see people sing its praises online? The thing which really sparked this post was seeing a raft of comments on Facebook, below the last round of voting in Television Without Pity’s Tubey Awards, claiming The Big Bang Theory to be “the best comedy on TV”. This made me angry so instead of posting an impulsive comment calling out their bad taste which I’d probably regret later, I decided to really analyse why seeing comments like that made me so mad when previously, although I didn’t really love the show, I’d never considered myself as disliking The Big Bang Theory.
Hell, I even have season one on dvd, it’s sitting right between Battlestar Galactica and Bored To Death in my alphabetised collection.
And here, I think, is where my problem with The Big Bang Theory lies…
This article explains the exact reasons I don’t like The Big Bang Theory.
It seems to me that when the Chris Benoit murder/suicide happened, that the entire sports world, media world, Nancy Grace’s gigantic head, just everybody jumped all over not only WWE, but all of Pro Wrestling. Now the NFL has their own murder/suicide tragedy and it’s already a dead story! Now make no mistake, the true victims in this story are the actual victims and the families of the victims, no doubt. I’d just like to know, if it seems that way to anyone else?